Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shooting the Laser


I managed to get myself a recognition award (not by doing something "heroic in wartime" or anything like that - I answered a question correctly in a briefing) that allowed me to choose an incentive award from among a list of "cool things" that I wouldn't otherwise get to do. Among them were things like going on a helicoptor ride over the base, shooting a sniper rifle or playing combat golf. I chose to go out to the EOD (Explosive Ordinace Destruction) team compound and shoot the laser that they use to blow up roadside bombs and mines when the are able to identify them.







This MRAP is designed with the electronics inside to control the laser that is mounted in the rear.




Here is us looking down the range at the targets.


This thing is so powerful that they can melt designs into the concrete barriers around the base.


Here is the plaque that Col Overturf (base commander) had made from my target board.

No comments:

Post a Comment